|HomeAbout UsProducts & ServicesCustomersPartnersNewsroomContact Us|
Breaking news - BlueSky in the press
Press Releases: Mark Warner Success Story
Mark Warner customers can now book all elements of their holiday in just a few minutes thanks to BlueSky itour™, a Web-enabled reservations system built by BlueSky Travel Systems on Oracle® Technology, integrated with Oracle e-Business Suite applications. Mark Warner, who received the title of ‘Best Ski Company’ at the Telegraph Travel Awards 2003, specialises in ‘summer sun’ or ‘winter snow’ packages, personalised to each customer’s requirements. Clients can specify travel preferences, make childcare arrangements and reserve sporting activities and excursions at the time of booking. 80% of bookings are made directly through Mark Warner’s call centre, with the remaining 20% coming from high street travel agents.
Replacing existing legacy system
"Booking a holiday package comprising several different elements was a cumbersome process that could take up to 25 minutes," said Jo Powell, associate director, head of sales and operations at Mark Warner. "The system was not Internet-enabled, so availability could not be checked in real time. It could take up to 24 hours for us confirm a reservation back to the customer. In addition we could not integrate with our back-office systems, which made reconciling figures and running ad-hoc queries on bookings data a time consuming manual task. Migrating to a modern, integrated, scalable solution also let us run our business according to market demand, rather than being restricted by the limitations of our reservations system."
Introducing multiple channels to market
"itour’s flexible, integrated solution addresses the modern-day needs of tour operators and travel agents and lets us build our business around the customer." David Hopkins - Managing Director